Links to Stuff I Find Interesting
Art and Photography
1. Robert Liang's Origami Art - Paper folding taken to new heights.
2. Kaladarshana - Exploring Indian Art-History - By my brother-in-law Amit Guha
3. Terra Galleria Photography - Stunning travel photos by Q.-T. Luong
4. Photo.net and DPChallenge - Significant photo sharing and peer-rating Websites
Puzzles, Challenges, Riddles
1. Rubik's Cube Solution - Detailed tutorial from a world champion, lots of graphics
2. Prof. J. Bowen's Rubik's Cube Solution - Barebones tutorial/reference, the one I follow
3. Web Sudoku - Precisely what the name suggests
4. Notpron - The original Web-based riddle that attracted millions of people
2. GrooveShark - Listen to streaming music online.
3. TaalPulse - Free software for table/tanpura, useful for practicing Indian classical music.
1. IMDb - Aside from its top 250 list, it is a great data source for recommender systems.
2. Fandango - Movie tickets and theater showtimes (that's their catch-phrase as well).
3. Rotten Tomatoes - Innovative display and summarization of recent movie reviews.
1. PaycheckCity Salary Calculator - Every wanted to know your net salary after taxes?
2. Guitar chords for Paul Simon songs - Mostly easy to pick up versions of his songs
3. Mahalaya Recording - Durga puja related piece of audio I grew up on.
4. Mint.com - Keep track of all your finances in one interface.
5. AID India - Association for India's Development - a non-profit that works on development projects in India.